In Greek mythology, Iris was a messenger of the gods, also the personification of the rainbow, creating a link between the heavens and earth.
The flower is named after her due to the vast range of colors of this plant. It is, however, the violet iris which is cultivated for dyeing purposes.
This flower gives a more dense color than the violet.
This chart is taken from our spectacular Tinctorial Plants Kit. It is embroidered in cross-stitch over two threads of fabric using two strands of Retors du Nord.
Easy and amusing, it is perfect for novices.
The kit contains:
- a piece of cyclamen-colored linen fabric,
- a card of Retors du Nord embroidery floss with the nine colors necessary,
- a cardboard disc and a piece of wadding,
- a round tin with a purple imitation crocodile paper,
- a pattern chart with all explanations for mounting.
Presented in a cardboard Sajou box. Mounting instructions are included in the kit.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: SAJ1336Width: 4.00 (in)Height: 4.00 (in)Depth: 4.00 (in)