This cushion is inspired by the fabric of the Queen's Bedchamber in Versailles Palace. The sumptuous drapes in the Queen’s Bedchamber are known as “summer furniture”, as they were installed from spring to autumn. Known as “gros de Tours”, a heavy taffeta decorated with a cloud of flowers, ribbons and peacock feathers, also known as “The Queen’s Brocade”. The original fabric was woven in Lyon by Desfarges Brothers. It was dispersed after the Revolution and was re-woven in the 20th Century by Maison Lamy & Gautier, again in Lyon. Just as admirable as the wall hangings are the borders composed of roses and lilac. They are woven on an “apple green” base.
If you have a chance to visit the Palace, take time to admire the alcove, the couch and cushions, the chairs, the fireguard and the stools, all different, but all inspired by this same motif. A real delight!
Here is a pattern chart to realize a large cushion with main motif and bordures of the Queen’s Bedchamber fabric in Versailles Palace.
Size of motif: 348 stitches wide by 259 stitches high.
When embroidered on 12 count (per cm) linen, the finished project measures 58 x 44.2cm.
Size of finished cushion: 58 x 44.2cm.
This kit contains:
- full-color pattern chart printed on two 60 x 28cm sheets of paper ;
- 12 count off-white embroidery linen 70 x 50cm;
- 100% cotton fabric 70 x 55cm for the back;
- 37 cards of Retors du Nord embroidery floss n°s 2018 x 2, 2023 x 2, 2025 x 2, 2026, 2028, 2032, 2034 x 2, 2038, 2042 x 2, 2221, 2223, 2234, 2302, 2332, 2340, 2409 x 2, 2443 x 3, 2447 x 2, 2469 x 2, 2536, 2567, 2570, 2615, 2749, 2780, 2847, 2882;
- A Sajou “Créé par moi” label (Made by me).
It's presented in a large gorgeous square Sajou box.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: SAJ5119Width: 12.00 (in)Height: 12.00 (in)Depth: 10.00 (in)