This cushion was inspired by the fabric of the Petit Trianon Queen's Bedchamber at Versailles. The Petit Trianon was the designated estate of Marie-Antoinette. She created a bucolic setting, full of charm and simplicity.The pattern is inspired from the fabric in the Queen’s bedchamber: rose bouquets and cornflowers on a white fabric. The original fabric was embroidered by Marie-Olivier Defarges, from Lyon. This marvellous cloth covers the famous “wheat-ear furniture”, created by Georges Jacob: the wood is sculpted and painted with wheat ears braided with honeysuckle and sprigs of jasmin, embellished with lily-of-the-valley and pine cones. After being dispersed during the Revolution, part of this unique furniture has since been acquired by the Palace of Versailles.
This chart is taken from our spectacular pattern dedicated to Marie-Antoinette.
Size of motif: 347 stitches wide by 266 stitches high.
When embroidered on 12 count (per cm) linen, the finished project measures 57.8 x 43cm (22.5" x 17"). Size of finished cushion: 57.8 x 43cm.
This kit contains:
- full-colour pattern chart printed on two 60 x 28cm sheets of paper ;
- 12 count off-white embroidery linen 70 x 50cm;
- 100% cotton fabric 70 x 55cm for the back;
- 13 cards of Retors du Nord embroidery floss n°s 2023 x 3, 2033, 2180, 2409 x 2, 2443, 2445 x 2, 2535, 2536;
- A Sajou “Créé par moi” label (Made by me).
It's presented in a large gorgeous square Sajou box.
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: SAJ5121Width: 14.00Height: 14.00Depth: 10.00