This poppy is from the same family as the opium poppy, which in Latin is unambiguously known as Papaver somniferum. This plant has used for medicinal purposes for thousands of years. It was used by the Pharaohs in Ancient Egypt, not only for therapeutic purposes, but also for its psychotropic attributes.
The petals of this versatile plant are used to obtain pink and violet.
This chart is taken from our spectacular Tinctorial Plants Kit in the “Museums and Heritage” collection.
It is embroidered in cross-stitch over two threads of fabric using two strands of Retors du Nord.
Easy and amusing, it is perfect for novices.
The kit contains:
- a piece of cyclamen-colored linen fabric,
- a card of Retors du Nord embroidery floss with the eight colors necessary,
- a cardboard disc and a piece of wadding,
- a round tin with a purple imitation crocodile paper,
- a pattern chart with all explanations for mounting.
Presented in a cardboard Sajou box.
Mounting instructions are included in the kit
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock: 1SKU: SAJ1334Width: 4.00Height: 4.00Depth: 4.00